About this Blog

ABOUT THE BLOG: This blog contains words and artwork from Timmy Morgan, allowing him to share his voice with the world. All content is Timmy's original work, posted by Margie Cavolina.

Monday, January 6, 2014

From Tim's Desk

"For to be free is not to cast off one's chains, but to live in a way that respects and embraces the freedom of others"... Nelson Mandela "As I walked out the door toward the gate that would lead to my freedom, I knew if I didn't leave my bitterness and hatred behind I'd still be in prison"... Nelson Mandela I have experienced a program called Challenges & Possibilities and let me tell you that it's a human experience that surpasses anything a man in prison can ever be a part of for this reason... There are people who come from all over the United States to speak and support what the importance of positive change is as it relates to the life that exists on this planet earth... both in prison and outside of prison. We have all made mistakes in our lives and granted some have been more severe than others, but the bottom line becomes... if you hurt me and I hold onto that hurt while waiting to hurt you back or wishing hurt on you... the only exchange is hurt. Now, does God hurt you when you break his heart over and over with your faults... or does He still continue to give you love because He knows that you are much more than those faults??? I met a woman who was sexually assaulted and she shared her story and the courage in her will to be a survivor made me weep. I've never done anything like that to a woman, but I can't seperate the pain that I caused a mother when I killed her son at 15. After all that I've learned I would trade my life for her son's to take away her pain, but since I can't do that I'm being the kind of person that if he were here today he'd see my heart and the positive changes I've made and forgive me...at least I'd like to think he would... but I live my life by this powerful quote I was introduced to "If I can stop one heart from breaking, I shall not live in vain"... Emily Dickenson I also met a woman who lost her son to vehicle homicide by drunk driver and again I wept. To have her son taken from her and me having taken a son, you cannot imagine what being in the same room with her and hearing her speak was like for me. Then to have her take my hand and hold it with so much tenderness and warmth.... I thought that God was allowing her to punish me somehow because the kid who had taken a life was now this weak and vulnerable man...this has allowed me the opportunity to free my heart and take her son on the journey of being a positive impact throughout the rest of my life regardless of where I am physically. (my dog chewed a piece of this paper so some words are missing, not kidding...Margie) I also met a man who's father was killed at gun point in a robbery when he was only twelve. Having him share that he'd met with one of the men who'd taken his father from him and had forgiven him and although it wasn't easy it needed to be done. Do you realize how much power that is??? There's other people who I've met that shared what opportunities await those of us who have a chance to come home at some point. Alot of stories about the importance of education and faith as well as attitude and integrity. Then there's a woman who travelled from Ireland just to see what the program was about, so that she could take it back with her in hopes of starting something like it in her country. If that doesn't say alot... right?! I close this out by saying that everything that we do, if we haven't already done it is new... new can be awkward and even scary, but anything positive is worth the hope and benefit of us all. I am not the poor choice that I made, but I am a beautiful human being who has come alive with confidence and integrity to always do what's right because anything less is selfish. Thank you all for listening. Happy Holidays!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment